The Big Day
My ICQ status:
If you read my bio on my home page, it should be quite obvious that I have a genuine interest in emergency services. I can tell you that there are no better friends than those in the fire service. I am always checking out emergency services sites on the Web. Here are a few of my favorite emergency services related sites:
Here's some regional sites that I like to visit:
Here are a few of the local area emergency services pages on the Web:
- Fire-Ground.Com - Brian Bastinelli's new web site, with photos from various locales in the central Pennsylvania area. Replaced his former Ground Zero Fire Photos web site.
- Capitol City Fire Photos - Jason Coleman-Cobb's fire photos web site, with fire photos from the region.
- LancasterFire.Com - This is THE place for Lancaster County fire service personnel. Owned by Glenn Usdin of Command School.
- CentralPAFire.Com - An area for area emergency services personnel. Unfortunately, their anonynimity allows some of these folks to act a bit juvenile, but still a worthwile site to visit.
- The Watch Desk - A site with a number of discussion areas, including many Pennsylvania areas.
- Pennsylvania Firefighter - Home site of the Pennsylvania Firefighters e-mail list, this site has numerous links for those interested in the Pennsylvania fire service.
- Pennsylvania Professional Fire Fighters Association - The Pennsylvania state organization of local IAFF affiliates.
(Is your fire company/department site not listed? Please contact me with the link.)
- York City Department of Fire/Rescue Services - My employer. I currently serve as an Assistant Chief, and am presently the commander of C Platoon. This site is maintained by the City's IS Department, and contains quite a bit of info.
- York Professional Fire Fighters Association - The web site that I maintain for the York Professional Fire Fighters Association, Local No. 627 I.A.F.F.
- York County Department of Emergency Services - Department that includes Emergency Managemant, E911 and York County HazMat.
- York County 911 Center - A call to 911 in York County goes straight to these folks. They handle all emergency calls for all 920 square miles of York County, which consists of approximately 72 separate municipalities.
- York County HazMat - Formerly a branch of the Fire Chiefs and Firefighters Association, the county HazMat Team is now operated by the County of York.
- York County Fire School - Where the county's firefighters go to train, located in the Emigsville Industrial Park.
- Dallastown Borough - A site maintained by the Borough of Dallastown, this page has some info on their fire department.
- Delta-Cardiff Vol Fire Co - Situated along the Mason-Dixon line in southeastern York County, this department serves Delta, Pennsylvania, Cardiff, Maryland and the surrounding areas.
- Dillsburg - Citizens' Hose Company No. 1 - York County Station 64.
- Dover Township Volunteer Fire Department - York County Station 9, once known as Weiglestown.
- East Prospect Fire Company - From the eastern edge of York County. York County station 42.
- Fairview Twp Fire Dept - Fairview Township borders Cumberland county at the northeast corner of York County.
- Fawn Grove Citizens FC Station 56 - Another southern York County station with first response areas in two states.
- Glen Rock Hose & Ladder Company - York County Station 59, serving southern York County.
- Grantley Fire Company - The web site of Grantley Fire Company No. 13 of Spring Garden Township.
- Hallam Friendship Fire Company - York County Station 21, serves Hallam Borough and Hellam Township.
- Hanover Fire - Station 46 - Protecting the borough of Hanover in southwestern York County.
- Hanover Borough Fire Department - Hanover Borough's web page about the fire department.
- Jacobus - Goodwill Fire Co #1 - Located just south of York Township along the Susquehanna Trail
- Lewisberry Community Fire Company - York County Station 29, near Pinchot State Park.
- Lincolnway Fire Company - Station 5, part of the West Manchester Township Fire Department.
- Lineboro Volunteer Fire Department - Located in Carroll County, Maryland, with first due area in York County.
- Manchester - Union Fire Co. No. 1 - In northeastern York County, next to Mount Wolf.
- Manchester Township - This township web site has a little bit of information about the fire department.
- Memorial Hospital - Medic 102 advanced life support unit.
- Monoghan Twp. Fire Company - Found in northern York County, near Cumberland County.
- New Freedom - Rose Fire Co. - Moving down south, we have another fine local site from our friends at Station 58.
- Newberry Township - This township web site has info on the Newberrytown Fire Company.
- North Codorus Twp. Fire Department - Located in Stoverstown, York County Station 12.
- North Hopewell/Winterstown VFC - York County Station 45.
- Northeastern Area Emergency Medical Services - Manchester Ambulance 23.
- Parkville Fire Company Homepage - One of the Penn Township fire companies.
- Penn Township Fire Department - Penn Township's web site, includes information on their public safety services.
- Pennville Friendship Fire Company - The other Penn Township fire company.
- Porters Fire Company - Porters Community Fire Company, York County Station 53.
- Red Lion - Leo Fire Company - York County Station 34, a busy company.
- Seven Valleys Community Fire Co. - York County Station 62.
- Shiloh Fire Company - Part of West Manchester Township's fire service.
- Shrewsbury PA Volunteer Fire Department - Returning to the southern end of the county, we have the "Interstate 83 Extricators," Station 61.
- Sping Garden Township Fire Department - Another combination department, this township surrounds York City to the south and east. Two stations, Stations 13 and 15 (14 was closed years ago).
- Spring Grove - Friendship Hose Co. #1 - Home to the sprawling P.H. Glatfelter paper plant.
- Springettsbury Township Fire Department - A combination department east of York City.
- Stewartstown - Eureka VFC - Anothern Mason-Dixon line department in southern York County.
- Wellsville Fire Company - York County Station 66, in northwestern York County.
- West Manchester Township Fire and Emergency Service - The township's web site.
- West York Ambulance Inc. - The EMS service covering West York and West Manchester Township.
- West York Fire Department - Located just west of the City of York, this department covers West York Borough and beyond.
- White Rose Ambulance - The EMS provider contracted by the City of York.
- Wrightsville Sta. 41 - Protecting Wrightsville borough and parts of Hellam Township.
- Yoe Fire Co. - York County Station 36. Update your bookmarks, this is a new URL. You'll want to avoid the old site.
- York County Junior Firefighters Association - The young ones.
- York Co Special Rescue Task Force - I found this page while doing a web search. Has information on Station 46 and 9's special rescue services. It is a bit outdated, and doesn't appear to be maintained.
- York Township - Goodwill Fire Co. #1 - Located in Spry, just south of York City
The following departments have sites at Firehouse.Com (which may or may not be active):
This page maintained by Greg Halpin of York, Pennsylvania.
This page last updated on 6/17/2006