The Big Day
My ICQ status:
As you can see, I am also interested in railroads. I am particularly interested in railroads that served the area around my hometown, York, Pennsylvania. These railroads included the Maryland & Pennsylvania Railroad, the Western Maryland Railway, The Northern Central Railroad and the Pennsylvania Railroad. Some of my favorite railroad links are:
- The Railroads of York, Pennsylvania - A page that I'm maintaining at Fortune City, dedicated to the railroads that served or currently serve the York area. Stop by and check it out! Now with a new URL - www.railroadsofyork.com
- Maryland and Pennsylvania Railroad Historical Society - I am a member of this organization, which is dedicated to preserving the history of the "Famous Ma & Pa" which was a rail line between my hometown, York, Pa., and Baltimore, Md.
- Maryland & Pennsylvania Railroad Preservation Society - Yes, there's actually two separate societies for the "famous Ma & Pa", and this is the society that maintains the historical site in the village of Muddy Creek, along the Ma & Pa's former route. A feature motion picture was filmed there recently, with Tim Allen of "Home Improvement" fame.
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania - A fantastic museum dedicated to preserving the heritage of railroading in Pennsylvania. Located in Strasburg, across from the Strasburg Railroad, an operating steam excursion line. Both have vintage Ma & Pa Railroad equipment.
- Existing Pennsylvania Railroad Stations - Dan West is building a database of information on railroad stations in Pennsylvania, and this is what he has so far. I am gathering information for him on York County stations to add to his site. He has a similar site for Ohio.
- Genesee & Wyoming Railroad - The corporation that operates the local short line railroads in York, the Maryland & Pennsylvania Railroad and Yorkrail, which have merged into the York Railway Company. This is their corporate web site.
- Stewart Family - Stewartstown RR - A web site with some information on the Stewartstown Railroad, a southern York County short line that operates from New Freedom to Stewartstown. Formerly a freight and passenger line, they now exclusively run excursion trains.
- York County Heritage Rail Trail - A web site about York County's newest park, the rail trail extends from York to New Freedom and the state line, and connects to Maryland's Northern Central rail trail, which runs to Cockeysville.
- Railroad and Anthracite Home Page - A personal home page with information on the coal region of Pennsylvania, and the rail lines that served the area.
- Mike's Camden Yards Page - Before the ball park, the area known as Camden Yards served as a large railroad yard. See vintage photos of the rail yard here.
- Harrisburg Chapter NRHS Home Page - The local chapter of the National Railway Historical Society.
- Baltimore Chapter NRHS - The Baltimore Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society has information on area railroads.
Page maintained by Greg Halpin of York, Pennsylvania (USA).
This page was last updated on 5/14/2005.